cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPI patches

IdaWong
Level 4

hi,

Sort.symentac.com suggested 5.1sp1 vcs needs to install some CPI  patches. I am having trouble to understand why we need 3 different CPI patches? the instruction is not the most helpful.

if i run what the readme say, it brings up the install menu (should i use the installer under SP1?), i have already installed SP1 and RP3 on the server. I can't see what the command does. i can of course read through the scripts but I am hoping someone can point out what all these CPI actually do and how to verify if the patch is successfully installed.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IdaWong
Level 4

i figure out what this is now. apparently CPI patches are for the installer script only. I can see flaws in this design. Basically, who would remember that you have to run the installer with the CPI patch everytime? it certainly is not mentioned in the installation guide.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

IdaWong
Level 4

i figure out what this is now. apparently CPI patches are for the installer script only. I can see flaws in this design. Basically, who would remember that you have to run the installer with the CPI patch everytime? it certainly is not mentioned in the installation guide.

SFHA_Writer
Not applicable

Hi Ida,

That's a good point, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I know the SFHA developers are working on improving this functionality, so the patching and updating process will be much easier going forward.

Best regards,

Megan Leney

Symantec Information Development