cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVMVolDg and CFSMount

Michelle_Lai
Level 4
I am trying to figure out how Cluster File System works in Veritas Cluster Server.

I have a two node cluster (Solaris 10), installed with Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System 5.0. After the installation, the cvm servie group is online on both nodes. Here are the steps I did to try to implement CFS:
1. I successfully created a cluster disk group.
2. I also created a Veritas logical volume in the disk group and created a Veritas File System on the logical volume.
3. I created a mount point on each node.
4. After that, I created another service group "test" in VCS, and added a CVMVolDg resource (which is associated to the cluster disk group) and a CFSMount resource (which is associated to the logical Veritas Volume and the mount point) in "test" group.
5. I can bring "test" service group online on either node, but I cannot make it online on both nodes at the same time.

My question is, if group "test" can only be online on one of the cluster nodes, how can I make the cluster file system accessible via VCS to both nodes?

To try it manually, I imported the cluster disk group to both nodes in shared mode and issued command "mount -F vxfs -o cluster <my-logical-volume> <my-mnt-point>" from both nodes and they all worked. After that, I am able to access the Cluster File System from both nodes at the same time. But how can I achieve that from VCS?

2 REPLIES 2

bsobek
Level 5
Hi,

have you created an parallel or failover servicegroup?

hagrp -display test -attribute Parallel

0: Failover
1: Parallel

Greets
Bjoern

Michelle_Lai
Level 4
Hi bsobek,

The test service group I created is a failover servicegroup. After I changed it to parallel everything works!

Thank you very much!

Message Edited by Michelle Lai on 11-05-2007 07:36 AM