cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster Manager 5.0 (java console) vs. 5.5 (CMC?)

Scott51
Level 2

Excuse me if this is answered elswhere; my limit for searching and poking sprawling forums and knowledgebases for answers is 1 hour.

It appears there is a fundamental change in the management software between these two versions.  Version 5.0 doesn't seem to require an "Authentication Broker," but version 5.5 (included in the 5.0 VCS installation CD) does. 

Is there any risk that the 5.0 VCS console is going to go unsupported?  We'd like to avoid the time and hassle of implementing the broker (bloater?) service required for the 5.5 console.  For the limited number of clusters we support it's absolutely not necessary.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
I am not aware of any such news that 5.0 VCS console would be unsupported....

This shouldn't be the case since most of the cusotmer's DON'T prefer to use root/authentication brokers because of complexity involved....

5.1 would be out soon so can see in that if any new changes regarding supportability...

Gaurav

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
I am not aware of any such news that 5.0 VCS console would be unsupported....

This shouldn't be the case since most of the cusotmer's DON'T prefer to use root/authentication brokers because of complexity involved....

5.1 would be out soon so can see in that if any new changes regarding supportability...

Gaurav

Scott51
Level 2
Fair 'nuff - Thanks for the info

eu22106
Level 4
Scott,

We used the old and the new version of cmc side by side with version 5.0 and 5.1. I never saw a problem. I believe to remember that when installing CMC you need  to install the broker though. (I'm not sure) Anywhay, I did. But I do not use it so no problem there. Both broker and cmc are running on a seperate server. (All clusters are windows)

Ivo