cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring VCS SRDF Agent to use multiple symapi servers

RobBates
Not applicable

As per thread title,  I am trying to configure the VCS SRDF agent to use multiple remote symapi servers.

I have found a symantec whitepaper which describes exactly my configuration and a workaround to address the problem here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77917&key=15066&actp=LIST

(TECH 77917 - VCS/DR with SRDF on IBM VIO servers Using the VCS SRDF agent to provide DR on  IBM VIO servers by Ghins Mathai, DR team)

However, I am having difficulty understanding one of the steps, ie:

Introduce a new SRDF attribute of type association called “symapi_servers”. You will need to set this attribute only if you need to use SRDF Remote Operations.
This attribute may be set as follows: SYMAPI_SERVER1 = 0, SYMAPI_SERVER2 = 1, SYMAPI_SERVER3 = 2
If this attribute is set, then within the agent, set the SYMCLI_CONNECT and SYMCLI_CONNECT_TYPE environment variables before firing any SYMCLI commands. The agent will take care of detecting which servers are operational and will then set the SYMCLI_CONNECT accordingly. If all servers are down, the agent will report a fault.

Can anyone explain exactly what is meant by that paragraph and what commands are used to acheive it?

Many Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe it refers to modifying the SRDF agent. Could either be done by editing the SRDF types.cf file, or maybe through the GUI (haven't tried to modify an agent through the GUI myself)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe it refers to modifying the SRDF agent. Could either be done by editing the SRDF types.cf file, or maybe through the GUI (haven't tried to modify an agent through the GUI myself)