cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Monitoring Scripts

Andrew_Cropley
Level 2

Greetings All..  i have a Solaris 10 cluster running VCS 5.0  and i observed an odd behaviour

I have a number of APPs under VCS control and for monitoring, the ones written in ksh work fine.

I have one that a developer just wrote in bash and when i run it manually on the command line i do get the proper return codes (100/110) but VCS is just unhappy and says its  unknown (as if it werent gettting the return code at all)

is there any restriction on the custom scripts, specifically, will bash not work?  i know ksh does and worse case, i will look to covert this gentleman's code if needed.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

There is no restriction on the custom scripts - you can run any shell, including bash, perl and executables.

Your issue is probably environment as specifically I don't believe the Application agent in 5.0 runs the profile of the user - i.e. the application agent runs "su user" where as in 5.1 it runs "su - user".

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello

Have you run the script exactly as VCS would run it (you can usually see what parameters were passed to it if you check the logs). There might be an inconsistency in what you're using to what VCS is.

Also, was this working and it stopped? 

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

There is no restriction on the custom scripts - you can run any shell, including bash, perl and executables.

Your issue is probably environment as specifically I don't believe the Application agent in 5.0 runs the profile of the user - i.e. the application agent runs "su user" where as in 5.1 it runs "su - user".

Mike