CVMVolDg diskgroup_db2s (
CVMDiskGroup = db2s_datadg
CVMVolume = { db2s_a01_vol, db2s_d01_vol, db2s_d02_vol }
CVMActivation = sw
)

Ora_Mnt_db2s_a01 requires diskgroup_db2s
Ora_Mnt_db2s_d01 requires diskgroup_db2s
Ora_Mnt_db2s_d02 requires diskgroup_db2s

Can you advice if I online the service group base on the server status.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

frankgfan
   VIP   

Was there any changes made to the cluster configuration since the last time the service group was onlined?  If there was no changes made to main.cf, thr mainm.cf should be OK.

If some changes were made to nthe cluster configuration recently which was likely caused the issue, check the resource dependencies. 

As I pointed out in my previous email, for the cvery least, you should be able to dsgnose the issue by onlining the resources per their dependencies, one by one therefore to detemine the one casued the issue.

cfs related issue is most oftern storage rissue or mount point issue related

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

frankgfan
   VIP   

A service group is shown up in partial meaning there is at least one critical resource in the service group is not in online state.

Here is what you can do:P

1. check the engine_A.log to find out which is/are the resource(s) in the service group which is/are not online (online timeout)

or

2. run hares -display | grep <system_name>   where the system name is the name of the node on which the service group is in partial state

3. once you have determined which resoruce(s) is/are not online, take the action neccessary to fix the issue.  Once way to fix the resource not online issue is to manually bring it online outside VCS.  For instance, if its an Oracle DB, asked dba to online it, if its an IP, ask network admin to check and fix the IP issue.

Thank you!

I still not able to online the resource. From the main.cf, if there is any problem on the cfs mount configuration entry?

I am not sure if there is one enabled entry in the main.cf. I am not sure if there is impact to make this happen 

frankgfan
   VIP   

Was there any changes made to the cluster configuration since the last time the service group was onlined?  If there was no changes made to main.cf, thr mainm.cf should be OK.

If some changes were made to nthe cluster configuration recently which was likely caused the issue, check the resource dependencies. 

As I pointed out in my previous email, for the cvery least, you should be able to dsgnose the issue by onlining the resources per their dependencies, one by one therefore to detemine the one casued the issue.

cfs related issue is most oftern storage rissue or mount point issue related

I have make some change is to add one more service group and enable the cfs mount in online , but i check the main.cf , there is one entry to trigger this service group partial online,  but no idea how to remove this entry by command line. 

frankgfan
   VIP   

just email me the service group configuration in gthe main.cf and tell me which one you wanetd to remove by running a command when the cluster was running, I will email you a command to achieve the same

frankgfan
   VIP   

sorry for the typoes in the previous email. here you go the email again:

just email me the service group configuration in the main.cf and tell me which resource that you wanetd to remove by a command line when the cluster was running, I will email you a command to achieve the same

Thank you Frankgfan,

I have to fix the problem right now by run the command line to enable 1 in the main.cf, then hares -start the resource to make it online.  

Thank you again