cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while configuring SmtpRecipients for ntfr resource

paragarw
Level 4

I want to configure the SmtpRecipients for ntfr resource in VCS.

Please be noted that for email ID abc@xyz.com i want to configure  for Error and Warning alerts and for def@xyz.com i want to configure for Error. I am using below command but getting the error V-16-1-10428 Incorrect association for SmtpRecipients

# /opt/VRTS/bin/hares -modify ntfr SmtpRecipients "abc@xyz.com" Warning "def@xyz.com" Error "abc@xyz.com" Error

VCS WARNING V-16-1-10428 Incorrect association for SmtpRecipients

Could you please help me with correct syntax

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Paragarw,

You will need to do this in 2 commands.  Here are the commands that you need to do.

hares -modify ntfr SmtpRecipients -add  abc@xyz.com   Warning
   hares -modify ntfr SmtpRecipients -add  def@xyz.com   Error

You don't need to add "abc@xyz.com twice.  The way the resource works is that it sends notifications for the level configured and any higher level notifications.  So a setting of Warning will cause Warning, Error and SevereError messages to be sent to that recipient.

Thank you,

Wally

View solution in original post

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can run in one command - your only issue as Wally says you tried to add "abc@xyz.com twice - so correct command is:

# /opt/VRTS/bin/hares -modify ntfr SmtpRecipients "abc@xyz.com" Warning "def@xyz.com" Error

Mike

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Paragarw,

You will need to do this in 2 commands.  Here are the commands that you need to do.

hares -modify ntfr SmtpRecipients -add  abc@xyz.com   Warning
   hares -modify ntfr SmtpRecipients -add  def@xyz.com   Error

You don't need to add "abc@xyz.com twice.  The way the resource works is that it sends notifications for the level configured and any higher level notifications.  So a setting of Warning will cause Warning, Error and SevereError messages to be sent to that recipient.

Thank you,

Wally

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can run in one command - your only issue as Wally says you tried to add "abc@xyz.com twice - so correct command is:

# /opt/VRTS/bin/hares -modify ntfr SmtpRecipients "abc@xyz.com" Warning "def@xyz.com" Error

Mike

paragarw
Level 4

thanks Wally and Mike for your inputs.