cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying patch IDs associated with 5.0MP3 package.

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
I need to know the patch IDs for certain SFHA packages (  Solaris X86 ). I found some of them but bellow three still need to be figured out. I was actually taking a look at VOS (https://vos.symantec.com/patch/detail/1327) for Patch IDs and was searching in sunsolve (http://sunsolve.sun.com/patchfinder/?patchId=128048-03 ) to find out the associated package with the ID but could find them all. Any idea?

Patch ID                                                                          Package Name
  VRTSdbac
127322-01 VRTSdbed
127338-02 VRTSodm
  VRTSormap
  VRTSvcs
127337-02 VRTSvxfs
127336-02 VRTSvxvm

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Dev
4 REPLIES 4

g_lee
Level 6
128059-03 - VRTSdbac
[The 5.0MP3 x86 patch bundle I have doesn't show a VRTSormap pkg, the closest it found was VRTSmapro.]
128048-03  - VRTSvcs (also patches the following pkgs: VRTSacclib, VRTSvcsag, VRTSvcsmg)

also:
128049-03 - patches VRTSllt, VRTSgab, VRTSvxfen (not on your list, but obviously a requirement with the VRTSvcs patch)

As illustrated above, take care when specifying patches as there may not be a single patch for each product / there may be interdependencies

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
Hey Lee,

Thanks for the patch ID of VRTSvcs.
That's correct, one patch may and maynot upate single package, actually we have a assessment tool that only looks at the above mentioned details to perform certain tasks.
And package VRTSormap is for Veritas Oracle Mapping, which we will find in SFHA for Oracle RAC, should have mentioned that earler. If you have a tarball of SFHA for Ora  then it would be of great help if you can take a look them and let me know the patch ID as I do not have this tarball handy at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dev

g_lee
Level 6
Hey Roy (since we're using last/incorrect names),

The VRTSormap package does not exist, in 5.0MP3 sparc or x64, or in 5.0 or 4.1 base packages.

Do you mean this package perhaps?
VRTSvxmsa
Veritas Mapping Service, Application Libraries
Required (for DB2 and Oracle products)

(this is an SFORA/SFDB2 pkg, ie: not SFRAC specific)

137386-01:Synopsis: VRTSvxmsa 5.0MP3_x86: Maintenance Patch for VRTSvxmsa bug fixes

Perhaps should arrange access to your own copy of the tarball and obtain the correct product/package names before proceeding further.

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
Hi,

I checked and this package is there present in SFORARAC 4.1 as well as SFORARAC5.0 but they are on sparc, I did not see the mention of this in the release notes or installtion guide. I need to drill further down and confirm that they do not exists for x86 and if so then we may have to change the scripts indeed so that it not look for it only. This script ran well for sparc and we were planning to make it work on x86 as well. anyways thanks for your help so far.

Regards,
Dev