cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i centralize the cluster console??

AndreaC_
Level 2
Certified
Hi at all

I have to centralize the cluster console. Which is the best way to do it? I read about CMC.What is CMC??

Thanks in advance

AndreaC.
6 REPLIES 6

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
How many clusters do you have?
Cluster Management Console is good for managing and reporting when you have multiple clusters.

Gene_Henriksen
Level 6
Accredited Certified
CMC is the 5.0 follow on to VCS 4.x Command Central Availability. There is a new 3 day course on Wide Area Clusters being developed in Reading, UK (the pilot is the week of 30 July and I will attend). It appears from the docs that CMC requires the Symantec Product Authentication Service (previously called VxSS). This involves a root broker and each cluster member being an authentication broker. This is used for secure communications.

CMC allows wide area control of clusters, failing over entire sites to other sites in the event of a disaster or to avoid an emminent disaster, such as a flood or hurricane. CMC allows graphical reporting with predefined reports for up time/down time, etc. It has a Sybase database and the database is available in read-only mode to users to generate their own reports. It allows changing multiple cluster attributes across the spectrum, so you could set RestartLimit to 1 for all Listener resources for Oracle for example.

Setting this up is beyond the scope of this forum.

AndreaC_
Level 2
Certified
Hi

Thanks a lot for your replies.

My new infrastructure is a Veritas Cluster 5.0 for VMware with 6 nodes and  the customer wants the CMC.
I've installed the CMC server in a Windows 2003 Standard  platform and I've installed the VCS software.
When I try to configure the cluster I have an error for the connector, below the error.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you want to configure SNMP notification? [y,n,q] (y) n

Deploying CMC service account to ibhebo40fp:
   Setting up trust with the broker  ibmabo01vp.*************.dom................. success
   Authenticating the account CMC_CC with the broker .............. failed

The password you entered could not be authenticated. Do you want to try
again? If you do not authenticate the service account at this time, the
cluster connector will not be able to communicate with the management
server. Please verify that the service account principal exists and has the
expected password. [y,n,q] (y)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the ibmabo01vp.*************.dom is the windows host.

if a try to configure by command the VRTSat i have this error.

[root@ibhesc42fp bin]#  /opt/VRTSat/bin/vssat authenticate --domain vx:CMC_SERVICES --prplname CMC_CC --password ********** --broker ibmabo01vp.*************.dom

vssat authenticate ERROR V-18-7006 Authentication Failed
Clock skew detected; sync up date/time with authentication broker :     ibmabo01vp.bancacaboto.dom

Do you have any suggestions ???

Thank in advance

Andrea

Gene_Henriksen
Level 6
Accredited Certified
I would contact support. Not that many people in the field have much experience with what you are doing.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I agree! I had a test of CMC (on Windows), but as I only have one cluster, I decided not to go ahead with it. The reporting features are nice, but it requires a moderately powerful machine, as after a while the amount of data collected is quite large. For those with larger installations I can see it being very useful.

Parag_Thakur
Level 3
Employee
hi,

Clock skew error typically points to a time mismatch between 2 machines in question atleast by 30 minutes. In you r case, it would be the time skew between the management server machine and the cluster machine. Synchronizing the time on these machines might help.

thanks,
Parag