Did you mean: 

How much quantity should I select for license key generation

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ENVIRONMENT

BOQ 

2018-10-31_102237.png

QUERY

When I generate license keys. I need to select quantity at veritas portal. How many numbers should I type according to the above BOQ. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Zahid

As a partner you should have access to partnernet where you can access the licensing guide for Infoscale. Take some time to read it.

Infoscale is licensed per core as seen on the certificate extract you posted. You need to generate an appropriate amount for the system you'll be installing on. If it has 2 cores use 2 # license, if it has 4vCPUs use 4 # licenses.

There are clever ways to license which are discussed in the guide so please read it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi Zahid

As a partner you should have access to partnernet where you can access the licensing guide for Infoscale. Take some time to read it.

Infoscale is licensed per core as seen on the certificate extract you posted. You need to generate an appropriate amount for the system you'll be installing on. If it has 2 cores use 2 # license, if it has 4vCPUs use 4 # licenses.

There are clever ways to license which are discussed in the guide so please read it.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What you briefed is simple and understandable. However the quantities showing 10 and 3 as well. So thats confusing.

RiaanBadenhorst

That's just how it was purchased. Every purchase over time will appear as one line item. Veritas does not add them up at the end of the year and then send you one number to renew.