cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Authenticate Active Directory users to an already configured VCS two node cluster

Muhammad_Faraz_
Level 3
Partner

Environment

Primary Site = 2 nodes

OS = Windows Server 2008 R2

SFHA version = 6.1

Query: 

An already configured two node windows VCS cluster (6.1 version) in Windows Server 2008 R2. The cluster has been working and the only configured user is the "admin" built in account.

We have a Active Directory environment and we want to integrate its users to the VCS cluster. Is it possible to do that? how to authenticate VCS environment with domain user instead of VCS built in "admin" user?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Run the configuration wizard again, edit the cluster and change the authentication method.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst

Run the configuration wizard again, edit the cluster and change the authentication method.

Muhammad_Faraz_
Level 3
Partner

Riaan, Thanks for your reply. I did it but an error is occuring, I have attached snapshot of this error. Error is of some credentials issue but when i am logging with local windows user and tried to login cluster from java console with same domain user, it was logged in successful.

My question is that when i login windows with domain user and try to login in cluster from Java Console with same domain user, it is giving attached error.

login failure.JPG 

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Is domain account maybe not part of the local administrator where the local account is?

Muhammad_Faraz_
Level 3
Partner

Thanks Riaan, i am able to log in with domain users after applying said settings.