cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Authority attribute through Cluster Explorer

drummbro
Level 2

Hello,

I am wndering how we change the Authority attribute through Cluster Explorer.  It looks like it's an attribute that can't be edited through the GUI.  We are currently running on version 5.1 and on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi drummbro and Gaurav,

The VCS Simulator does not show a true representation of this attribute.  It is not an attribute that is directly editable via the CLI or the GUI. 

The attribute is used by a Global application to tell which cluster has the right to online the service group.  It can be changed via the GUI by doing a Remote Switch of that Global group; online the service group with it offline on all other clusters; or by "Take Action" in the Alert popup when the group has faulted on all nodes in the cluster where it has authority.

The CLI can be used to online the service group in a cluster that does not have authority by using the "-force" switch with the hagrp command.

Thank you,

Wally

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi,

I had a quick check via Simulator into one of windows GCO cluster & I can see the attribute editable .. have a look at screenshot on how to locate & change

180px_Cluster_Authority.jpg

drummbro
Level 2

Thanks for the reply Gaurav, we haven't completley configured the GCO so i'll try back when that's done . Thanks again for the help!

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi drummbro and Gaurav,

The VCS Simulator does not show a true representation of this attribute.  It is not an attribute that is directly editable via the CLI or the GUI. 

The attribute is used by a Global application to tell which cluster has the right to online the service group.  It can be changed via the GUI by doing a Remote Switch of that Global group; online the service group with it offline on all other clusters; or by "Take Action" in the Alert popup when the group has faulted on all nodes in the cluster where it has authority.

The CLI can be used to online the service group in a cluster that does not have authority by using the "-force" switch with the hagrp command.

Thank you,

Wally

drummbro
Level 2

Excellent, thanks for the information Wally.