Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear vcs faults automitic

RickyLeung
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,I am studying VCS.

I have question:

When resource failed due to some reason,the recouce must be  clear the fault manually,even if the resource was fixed!

How can I make the faults clear automitic?

RL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If VCS can know a resource is fixed then resource is cleared - so for example if you online a fautled resource outside of VCS and VCS can now see it is online, then it will mark as online and clear fault, but most of the time VCS cannot know if problem has gone away - so for example suppose an App dies because a local config file is incorrectly changed - only an adminstrator knows if issue is fixed and then the  adminstrator should clear fault to signify the the issue is fixed and the node is a valid node to switch to.  Without marking resources as faulted, then a group could "ping-pong" indefinately between systems which is why you don't want to automatically clear faults.  Do you have a specfic issue you are experienced, if so which resource type is this and what is causing the resource to fault.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If VCS can know a resource is fixed then resource is cleared - so for example if you online a fautled resource outside of VCS and VCS can now see it is online, then it will mark as online and clear fault, but most of the time VCS cannot know if problem has gone away - so for example suppose an App dies because a local config file is incorrectly changed - only an adminstrator knows if issue is fixed and then the  adminstrator should clear fault to signify the the issue is fixed and the node is a valid node to switch to.  Without marking resources as faulted, then a group could "ping-pong" indefinately between systems which is why you don't want to automatically clear faults.  Do you have a specfic issue you are experienced, if so which resource type is this and what is causing the resource to fault.

Mike

arangari
Level 5

Mike - i liked the way you explained the reason for not automatically clearing the fault : the 'ping-pong' effect ! 

Yes - this is exactly the case.