cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable "Add/Delete Remote Cluster" this function?

Michael_Cao
Not applicable

I have finished configured Service Group and I am going to configure GCO function!

The first step is add remote cluster, however that button is always grey, I can't enable it and I can't do the following things!

Hope someone can help me and give me some advice? You can see in the picture!

120px_Add Remote Cluster.jpg

Thank you very much!

5 REPLIES 5

kjbss
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Have you installed a license for GCO?  GCO requires license "VRTS CLUSTER SERVER HA/DR".

To check:

$ vxlicrep -e |grep Global

Global Cluster Option#VERITAS Cluster Server = Enabled
   Global Cluster Option#VERITAS Cluster Server = Enabled
   Global Cluster Option               = Enabled

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Michael,

There are a couple of items that you need to make sure that you have.

1. License keyas mentioned by kjbss.

2. GCO option installed - can be checked via Add/Remove Programs

3. ClusterService service group configured with the WAC resource.

Thank you,

Wally

macias_marlon
Level 3

Hi Wally_Heim

I am wonder if after I have installed the cluster and it is running, may we add the GCO option? if yes, how to do it? by the way is it possible to get a demo or trial license for this particular feature?.

Kind Regards

Marlon.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Marlon,

The GCO option can be installed via the Add/Remove programs location.  You can select the GCO option during the "Change" program there.  If you current license key does not support the GCO option, you will need to contact Sales to get a demo key or switch to Keyless option for a while to allow for GCO demo period.

From there you will need to configure the ClusterService group via the VCW wizard.  Then the Link Cluster/Add remote cluster option should be available in the Java GUI.

If you need more direct assistance, please open a case with Symantec Technical Support.  We are available 24 x 7 x 365 to help with issues.

Thank you,

Wally

macias_marlon
Level 3

Thank you dear Wally!

I appreciate your great help, now I am going to open a case with Symantec Technical Support, and the respective Sales person to adquire the license in mention.

Thank you !

Marlon