cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a service group

sureshpeters
Level 3

I would like to remove the SG, will the below steps work? hagrp -offline SG –sys server1 hares –delete resources - delete parent resources first since resources are dependent on others Parent - tony, Child - ting So, run command hares -delete tony (first) hagrp –delete SG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Any order as these are resource dependencies (hares -dep), not group dependencies (hagrp -dep).

Mike

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes this would fine, but it does not matter what order you delete the resources, in fact you don't even have to stop the service group first, so basically as you have listed, you just delete all resources and then delete the group.

Mike

sureshpeters
Level 3
So, Can I delete child resource first before deleting parent one? # hares -dep tony #Parent Child Relationship tony ting online local firm

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes - you can delete resource in whatever order you like.

Mike

sureshpeters
Level 3
Just want to confirm again, No matter how many resources exist and their dependencies, we can delete resource in whatorder order we like. AM I correct?

g_lee
Level 6

resources yes, groups no (ie: you need to unlink any dependent groups before deleting)

Interestingly (or suspiciously?) - the dependency output example you provided above ( https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-remove-service-group#comment-9124161 ) seems to be for a group (online local firm) rather than a resource, even though the cmd was supposedly hares .....

sureshpeters
Level 3
Sorry for the confusion. The resource dependency is somthing like this... @test1 /root # hares -dep tony-o #Group Parent Child tom-SG tony-o tom-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-oracle-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-ora-dum-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-ora-aud-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-data-temp-fs-M tom-SG tony-o tom-tony-ora-fs-M So, we can delete the parent resource (tony-o) first and then remove the child resources (or) any order as you suggested.

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Any order as these are resource dependencies (hares -dep), not group dependencies (hagrp -dep).

Mike