Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto unconfigure a cluster

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

OS = Solaris10

HA = 6.0

There is a way to configure the cluster like run the ./installer from the setup and then select  option C to configure the HA like this ( " C) Configure an Installed Product " )

My Query:

Is there a way to unconfigure the cluster. I want to remove all HA configuration from a specific node and make this like , this node never had HA configured.

4 REPLIES 4

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I don't think there is a wizard for this in UNIX (like I beleive there is for Windows), but it is fairly straightforward:

1. Remove system from main.cf and llthosts on all nodes and edit gabtab appropiately (normally "-n num_of_nodes")
  2. Uninstal software on node removing
  3. Remove llttab, llthosts, gabtab, etc/VRTSvcs/conf/* and /var/VRTSvcs/log/* if they exist

If you want to do this online, then you will need to use ha commands to remove system (hasys, hagrp etc) from main.cf

Mike

Ramesh_Pareet
Level 3
Employee

Please take all nessary data backup and if you are sure then run the following uninstall scripts from the location.

# cd /opt/VRTS/install
# ls
bin                  installsfcfsha       installvm            uninstallfs          uninstallsfsybasece
installdmp           installsfha          logs                 uninstallsf          uninstallvcs
installfs            installsfsybasece    showversion          uninstallsfcfsha     uninstallvm
installsf            installvcs           uninstalldmp         uninstallsfha
# ./uninstallsfha ====>>> Example

arangari
Level 5

i think it may uninstall package - which is different than unconfigure.