cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jeopardy state Query

allaboutunix
Level 6

Hi Team,

I have a query,If I have a 2 node cluster set up( S1 -S2) and system S2 went into the state of Jeopardywhat would be the impact on the service group if

a) SG has no critical resources setup

b) SG has critical resource set up

What would be the steps to rectify the this Jeopardy state.

Please guide.

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sunil_Yadav
Level 4
Employee

Hi Allaboutunix,

If I/O fencing is not enabled, and system enters in jeopardy state, then ServiceGroups are auto-disabled on that system. Thus, ServiceGroups will not online/failover/switchover on/from that particular system. This is irrespective of whether SGs has critical resources or not.

If I/O fencing is enabled, no impact on SGs if system enters in jeopardy state.

System enters jeopardy state when only last link is left active. Restore other links and system will recover from jeopardy.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil Y

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You may want to start reading here:

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/via/7.0/solaris/productguides/html/vcs_admin/ch09s07s01.h... 

Automatic failover actions explained in the vcs_admin guide will only apply to SG with critical resources.

SG without critical resources will never failover automatically - jeopardy or no jeopardy. 

You can read up about failover actions in the admin guide under these topics:

About cluster membership and data protection without I/O fencing 

About cluster membership and data protection with I/O fencing

Sunil_Yadav
Level 4
Employee

Hi Allaboutunix,

If I/O fencing is not enabled, and system enters in jeopardy state, then ServiceGroups are auto-disabled on that system. Thus, ServiceGroups will not online/failover/switchover on/from that particular system. This is irrespective of whether SGs has critical resources or not.

If I/O fencing is enabled, no impact on SGs if system enters in jeopardy state.

System enters jeopardy state when only last link is left active. Restore other links and system will recover from jeopardy.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil Y