cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLT WARNING V-14-1-10498

Paula_Chaves
Not applicable

Hi,

I have seen this error at Solaris log and I want to discover why this is happening:

Jun 30 19:07:07 dp-node9 llt: [ID 216203 kern.notice] LLT WARNING V-14-1-10498 recvarpack cross links? links 0 and 1 saw the same peer link number 1 for node 1
Jun 30 19:12:07 dp-node9 last message repeated 1 time

Here are some considerations:

1- each link from HB network is being located in different switches although they are at the same VLAN

2- the other nodes that we have has the exactly configuration and this error is not showing up.

Thanks,

Paula

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If both heartbeats are on the same VLAN, then crossed link packets are possible - I would advice separate VLANs - see my comment from a few days ago on post https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/jeopardy-and-split-brain-condition :

You should also put heartbeats on separate VLANs so that if you make an error when modifying a VLAN you don't effect both heartbeats (administration of the networks is the most common reason I have seen where customers loose multiple heartbeats at the same time).

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If both heartbeats are on the same VLAN, then crossed link packets are possible - I would advice separate VLANs - see my comment from a few days ago on post https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/jeopardy-and-split-brain-condition :

You should also put heartbeats on separate VLANs so that if you make an error when modifying a VLAN you don't effect both heartbeats (administration of the networks is the most common reason I have seen where customers loose multiple heartbeats at the same time).

Mike

stinsong
Level 5

Hi Paula,

For LLT connections, as Mike's words, they should be configured in different VLANs. Because logically packages could transfer to all NICs if all LLT NICs are in the same VLANs, although they connect to different switches.

Practically, we recommend LLT links configured in different physical and logical networks. However LLT link pair is specified in /etc/llttab file by MAC