cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOG4J Suggestion

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

A fix is available against Telemetry service. This fix require a downtime. In case we stop the Telemetry service and put the below script in Linux startup so that if the system reboot the service will stop again. (Please note, I don't have VOM or VIOM in my environment). is it good to go to stop the Telemetry service at LINUX startup ?

# /opt/VRTSvlic/tele/bin/TelemetryCollector -tcstop

6 REPLIES 6

frankgfan
   VIP   

If you do not want the "Telemetry service" to start in next system restart, you can disable VCS from auto-restart (rename file  OR diable the service group from AutoStart (when vcs restarts)  OR  remove the system names from the service group attribute AutoStartList (in main.cf).

FYI:

AutoStart

(user-defined)

Designates whether a service group is automatically started when VCS is started.

• Type and dimension: boolean-scalar

• Default: 1 (enabled)

PS:

The command to start VCS is invoked from the following file:

Linux: /etc/rc3.d/S99vcs or /sbin/rc3.d/S99vcs.

do not forget to revert the changes back once have completed maintainance so vcs will start in next reboot

Zahid_Haseeb

I want to permanently disable Telemetry service only while I want to run the HA & service group.

frankgfan
   VIP   

to "permanently disable Telemetry service", you can do one of the followings:

1. disable the "Telemetry service" resource is VCS by using gui (VOM) or run the command "heres -disable "Telemetry service"_resource_name (refer to hares command man page for command syntax).  Remove any resource dependencies for "Telemetry service" resource.

2. disable the service group (which has the "Telemetry service" resource) AutoStart

3. edit main.cf to delete the "Telemetry service" resource then restart VCS

Zahid_Haseeb

Telemetry service is nothing in any resource. Does not exist in any service group

frankgfan
   VIP   

if "Telemetry service "  is not controlled by VCS and you want do not want it to be started up in server reboot, you can just run command like scadm to "alter" the start up process

kzoon
Level 1

This is not an official solution, one approach to permanently prevent the startup of the Telemetry service is as follows

1. Solaris / AIX

# vi /etc/init.d/vrtsvlic

/sbin/TelemetryCollector -start 

> /sbin/TelemetryCollector -tcstop

2. Linux

# vi /usr/lib/systemd/system/vrtsvlic.service

ExecStart=/bin/sh -c "/sbin/TelemetryCollector -start"

> ExecStart=/bin/sh -c "/sbin/TelemetryCollector -tcstop"