cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring VCS remotely

RahulB1
Not applicable
Hi Guys 

I am new to VCS. I am developing a cluster monitor for VCS. I need to monitor the status of VCS installed on a windows box remotely. On a Linux box I can SSH to the cluster node and run HA commands and get the result. Is there any way that I can get the status information on windows?  Are there any WMI classes available to fetch this information from windows box. 

Thanks 
Rahul 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AHerr
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Rahul,

If the Windows box is also running VCS then you can either use the Remote Group Agent to create dependencies or you can use VCS commands on the windows box to validate the status of the resource.  If you go to vos.symantec.com, there is a link to product documentation.  In the VCS Admin Guide for Windows there is a section on managing the cluster from the command line.  It should be able to the commands you need to run to determine the state of a resource.

Regards,
Anthony

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AHerr
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Rahul,

If the Windows box is also running VCS then you can either use the Remote Group Agent to create dependencies or you can use VCS commands on the windows box to validate the status of the resource.  If you go to vos.symantec.com, there is a link to product documentation.  In the VCS Admin Guide for Windows there is a section on managing the cluster from the command line.  It should be able to the commands you need to run to determine the state of a resource.

Regards,
Anthony