cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MountV-GetVolumeGuid Failed Error 99

rameshsa
Level 3

VCS Experts,

One of the Veritas cluster (windows) experincing below issue. Please let me know your valuable comments and advise...

After hard reboot of nodeA, service group didn't failover to NodeB due to below error.

06:52:54 VCS ERROR V-16-2-13066 (NodeB) Agent is calling clean for resource(MountV ResA) because the resource is not up even after online completed.
06:52:54 VCS ERROR V-16-2-13066 (NodeB) Agent is calling clean for resource(MountV ResB) because the resource is not up even after online completed.

and immediately VCS reports 'reached onlineRetrylimit' and resource move to 'Fault' state. Since the resource is critical, service group fail back to NodeA but it failed to comeonline on NodeA too due same issue as explained here.

06:52:57 VCS INFO V-16-2-13071 (NodeA) Resource(MountV ResA): reached OnlineRetryLimit(0).
06:52:57 VCS INFO V-16-2-13071 (NodeA) Resource(MountV ResB): reached OnlineRetryLimit(0)

06:52:59 VCS ERROR V-16-1-10303 Resource MountV ResA is FAULTED (timed out) on sys NodeA

06:52:59 VCS ERROR V-16-1-10303 Resource MountV ResB is FAULTED (timed out) on sys NodeA

MountV log shows below errors.

06:50:49 VCS DBG_21 V-16-50-0 MountV:Mount ResA:online:GetDgVolumeGuid failed. Error: 99

06:50:49 VCS DBG_21 V-16-50-0 MountV:Mount ResA:online:Volume not present

I can think of two options but I am still concerned about 'GetDgVolumeGuid Failed error:99' issue and thought to check if any expert from this community could share experience in this regards?

a) set 'Auto FileSystem Clean' to true - VEA log tells me that diskgroup and disk came online without any issue but its just that VCS couldn't mount the volume

b) Increase 'OnlineRetryLimit' to 2 - With this option, I guess VCS will try twice before going to 'Fault' state  may likely to solve the issue

2 REPLIES 2

Ireyes
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

So are you unable to bring the MountV resources online on either node even after clearing the faults ?

Option b) ) Increase 'OnlineRetryLimit' to 2 - With this option, I guess VCS will try twice before going to 'Fault' state  may likely to solve the issue > may allow the resource sufficient time to online, I would try this first. 

Second thing to try. Remove the Vol GUI from the MountV resource ( save config) and try online after this. You dont need this attribute set it gets created when you used the wizard during Vol discovery. It will online fine without it.

If this is a DB application such as Exchange or SQL I would not configure the FSClean option.

Hope one of those suggestions solves your issue.

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"06:50:49  - MountV:Mount ResA:online:Volume not present"

"VEA log tells me that diskgroup and disk came online without any issue"

What time did the dg come online according to VEA log?

Please let us know which OS version as well as SFW/HA version including hot fixes/patches.

Is Multipathing software in place? If so, MPIO with SF DSM, or 3rd party multipathing?

It seems that there might be a delay between OS/HBA/DMP/SF to detect arrival of hardware.

Please also save Event Viewer Application and System logs as TEXT, and post the files as attachments.