cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in extending a file system (LVM). (VCS Controlled Mount Resource)

Ashish_C
Level 3

Hello All,

I'm very new to VCS and I need help in increasing a file system which is in LVM by adding new PV's. My plan of action is below. Kindly suggest if any modification required in this.

VCS Engine : 5.1

Step 1:-  Allocating 4 No’s of Luns from storage (250GB*4 in case of increasing 1TB)(following the lun size which is allocated across the environment).

Which includes confirmation of the newly created LUNS availability on the both the nodes.

Step2:- Making the Service Group offline on both the nodes from VCS (My case this is PMDBCS).

Service group which uses this partition as mount resource.

Step3:-Creating a single partition of full size on the newly allocated luns.

Which includes changing the label. (Following the procedure applied in this VG).

Step4:-Creating PV on the new partitions.

Step5:-Adding these PVs on the VG (VG Extension).

Step6:-LV Extension (Extending the size to 3TB from 2TB).

Step7:-Confirming the Addition activity by checking the LV size.

Step8:-Making the service group online on the same node from VCS.

If I'm doing this only on theActive node, will the serrvice fail over to standby node ?

Ragards,

Ashish C 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you extend LV while filesystem is mounted, then you most likely don't need to ofline VCS service group and you can just freeze service group instead, just to make sure (so that if VCS detects a change it will not do anything)

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you extend LV while filesystem is mounted, then you most likely don't need to ofline VCS service group and you can just freeze service group instead, just to make sure (so that if VCS detects a change it will not do anything)

Mike

Ashish_C
Level 3

Thanks Mikesmiley