cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to add new node in existing VCS

Velmathan
Level 4

Hi All,

I want to add new node in existing 3 node cluster without disturbing the service. Can you please let me know the steps ?

Thanks

Vel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you don't need to change llttab (i.e you have no exclude line in there) and only have to change llthosts and gabtab, then you do not need to restart LLT and GAB or VCS.  If you add new hosts to llthosts on existing nodes, then when you start llt and gab on new node, then existing nodes should just see new node.

LLT constantly looks for nodes on all available llt ids, unless you have a line like "exclude 3-31" in your llttab which tells LLT NOT to look.  If you do have "exclude" line then you need to remove or change in llttab and then you would need to force stop VCS and restart GAB and LLT.

Mike

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Velmathan
Level 4

Hi Mike,

I seen the procedure and I want to do this in production environment. After adding the new node in gab and llt config file in existing node we need to restart the gab and llt.. Will it affect the existing service??? I want to make sure it should not affect any service which are running... 

Thanks

Vel

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Unless you have "include" or "exclude" lines in llttab, you shouldn't need to restart LLT and GAB after adding new node to llthosts and changing gabtab.

Mike

Velmathan
Level 4

Thanks for this info. so i can stop the cluster service by giving hastop -all -force. (it will run keep the service group online) I can put entry in llthosts and gabtab. We need to keep the same main.cf config in all the nodes and i can start cluster service using hastart..

Is this correct?

Thanks

Vel

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you don't need to change llttab (i.e you have no exclude line in there) and only have to change llthosts and gabtab, then you do not need to restart LLT and GAB or VCS.  If you add new hosts to llthosts on existing nodes, then when you start llt and gab on new node, then existing nodes should just see new node.

LLT constantly looks for nodes on all available llt ids, unless you have a line like "exclude 3-31" in your llttab which tells LLT NOT to look.  If you do have "exclude" line then you need to remove or change in llttab and then you would need to force stop VCS and restart GAB and LLT.

Mike