Did you mean: 

Not able to get all EMail Notification alerts

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

SFHA = 6.0

OS = Solaris 10

Query

I am not able to get all email notification alerts to the mentioned email address. What could be the causes.

(I already verified the OUTLOOK rules, Junk email folder, deleted folder)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I am confused as to what your issue is - is it:

1. For some events like service group fault of severity Error, you get an email, but for other events which are Warning, you don't get an email
  2. Notifier was working, but the last email was for notification of Service Group faulted and you haven't got any emails since then

Can you post your notifier resource config from main.cf.

If you are not getting any emails, have you checked you can email from the command line using something like "mail" or "mailx"

Mike

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

starflyfly
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi, 

You should check:

1. /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf   <<<if notifier  has  configured properly.

2. check /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log   <<<if there is sth. error in the log.

3. what's the difference of the mail, which get alert and not get alert.

Zahid_Haseeb

1.) Notifier was working properly

2.) Let me check

3.) Under notification I even changed from Warning to Information but still I am not able to see login information of Java Console. Last I got the notification of Service Group faulted.

Amazing thing is I am not able to see the TO in the email which I received, although I mentioned the receipents under JAVA Console

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I am confused as to what your issue is - is it:

1. For some events like service group fault of severity Error, you get an email, but for other events which are Warning, you don't get an email
  2. Notifier was working, but the last email was for notification of Service Group faulted and you haven't got any emails since then

Can you post your notifier resource config from main.cf.

If you are not getting any emails, have you checked you can email from the command line using something like "mail" or "mailx"

Mike

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Zahid,

Not all events, such as logging into the Java console, trigger a notification message to be sent.  If they did this would overwhelm you with notifications.  Create a test service group and try doing a switch of the service group with the notification level set to Information.  You should see some notifications that the group was offlined on a node and then onlined on a node.

What specific events are trying to get notifications for?

Thank you,

Wally

Zahid_Haseeb

Thanks to all

Problem is resolved. I just offline and online the resource.

Just want to know when I received the email notification alerts, I am not able to see the email address of TO filed

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with Mike. 

Check that mailx is working.

If you type mailx (as root) without any options, it will open root-user's mailbox.

Messages that were previously sent without successful delivery should appear in the list of unread emails with appropriate reason or error message.