cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline group dependency

Fugitive
Level 4
Hi,

I 'm new to VCS and want to configure a test and prod service group on a 2 node cluster in such a way that both the SGs should  be on different nodes and when the prod SG switches 
to the node where test SG is running the test SG shuts it down. I 've configured the test SG with just single system list but i'm not able to properly configure the offline group dependency 
can anyone help me on that ? 

Regards,
KN 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Leigh_Brown
Level 3
Hello,

A configuration like this may be suitable  :-
  • prod_SG is defined as a failover service group on node_A and node_B
  • test_SG is defined as a failover service group on node_B only
  • Create an offline local dependency with test_SG as the parent and prod_SG as the child
  • prod_SG will normally run on node_A, and test_SG will normally run on node_B
If a failure occurs, prod_SG will failover to node_B, but VCS will offline test_SG on node_B before onlining prod_SG.

Regards,

Leigh.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
When you say "both the SGs should  be on different nodes and when the prod SG switches "   

Do you mean that you need prod and test SG to be always on two different node. i.e. if test sg fails over to prod system then prod sg should failover to system where test was running. If this is the pourpose then I believe you may try "online remote soft"

Regards,
Dev

Leigh_Brown
Level 3
Hello,

A configuration like this may be suitable  :-
  • prod_SG is defined as a failover service group on node_A and node_B
  • test_SG is defined as a failover service group on node_B only
  • Create an offline local dependency with test_SG as the parent and prod_SG as the child
  • prod_SG will normally run on node_A, and test_SG will normally run on node_B
If a failure occurs, prod_SG will failover to node_B, but VCS will offline test_SG on node_B before onlining prod_SG.

Regards,

Leigh.

Fugitive
Level 4
 Yes that's the answer i was looking for it worked thanks a lot but i have a doubt when the prod_sg failover to node_B the the test_sg gets offline.
 Is it possible that test_sg comes back online itsel  once the prod_sg  failback to node_A   ?  

Leigh_Brown
Level 3

Hello again,

test_SG will automatically online on node_B, after prod_SG comes online on node_A.

Regards,

Leigh.