cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding one vcs node down

allaboutunix
Level 6

Hi Team,

Please suggest, if I have 4 nodes and due to some network issue suddenly all 4 nodes down. 3 nodes came up but 1 node is not coming up.

So what would happen to vcs services.Does that run automatically or need to run it manually.

Please share the step by step activity.

Thanks.

Allaboutunix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Now we can start from scratch. What is the OS on your cluster nodes? If Unix/Linux, check contents of /etc/gabtab It should contain something like this : /sbin/gabconfig -c -n4 This means that vcs will only start with all 4 nodes seeded. Best not to change this number by manually seeding the nodes that are up: gabconfig -cx Then issue hastart. See this TN : http://www.veritas.com/docs/000041575 Best to read up about split brain and ways to prevent that with sufficient network redundancy and I/O fencing.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

allaboutunix
Level 6

Please provide me the solution.

Thanks..

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

You will get a quicker and more appropriate response by posting to the appropriate product specific forum.  This is a forum for general community discussion and forum related issues.

allaboutunix
Level 6

Could you please tell  me in which forum I have to write the query. This is for veritas cluster service product.

Thanks..

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Have move to (what I hope is) the correct forum for you.

allaboutunix
Level 6

Ok Andy.. many Thanks.. to provide the way..

Thanks..

allaboutunix
Level 6

Hi Team,

Please suggest, waiting for your response.

Thanks..

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Now we can start from scratch. What is the OS on your cluster nodes? If Unix/Linux, check contents of /etc/gabtab It should contain something like this : /sbin/gabconfig -c -n4 This means that vcs will only start with all 4 nodes seeded. Best not to change this number by manually seeding the nodes that are up: gabconfig -cx Then issue hastart. See this TN : http://www.veritas.com/docs/000041575 Best to read up about split brain and ways to prevent that with sufficient network redundancy and I/O fencing.