Did you mean: 

RP2 patch information is not being shown after installation

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Environment
OS = win2003
sfha = 5.0
cluster = 2nodes cluster
I have already installed RP1a for sfha5.0. yesterday i ran the setup of RP2 from passive node and finally RP2 successfully installed.Although i saw the summary after installation which clearly shown that RP2 is installed on both nodes. From the active node add/remove i can see the RP2 information but on passive node i am not able to see the RP2 information. still the passive node shows the RP1a information. Even though i restarted the nodes.

Is there any other way OR window which shows the RP2 is installed except Add/Remove Program so i can satisfy my boss that i have installed the RP2 patch on both nodes of SFHA 5.0 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Zahid,

Here is a tech note that lists the build numbers.  It does show 5.0.300.326 as being the build number for 5.0 RP2. 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH24718&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1285185634064

You can also check the registry.  I would check the HKLM\Software\VERITAS\VPI hive to see what version VPI is installed.  VPI is the Veritas Package Installer and is updated with every release that we do.  It will show you the version that was last installed on the server.

Thanks,

Wally

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Zahid_Haseeb
Any help will be appriciated.

How can i validate RP2 is installed except from Add/Remove Program

Zahid_Haseeb

I saw the below file which clearly shows the RP2 is properly installed. But the add/remove program and vxassist version command is not showing the proper result i dont know why.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Zahid,

Here is a tech note that lists the build numbers.  It does show 5.0.300.326 as being the build number for 5.0 RP2. 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH24718&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1285185634064

You can also check the registry.  I would check the HKLM\Software\VERITAS\VPI hive to see what version VPI is installed.  VPI is the Veritas Package Installer and is updated with every release that we do.  It will show you the version that was last installed on the server.

Thanks,

Wally

Zahid_Haseeb

Thanks for your kind help Wally.

Zahid_Haseeb

First of all thanks Wally

let suppose the VPI hive in registry shows the correct version thn what will i do to see the correct version in the ADD/REMOVE ?