cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing missing drives and volumes

PapaLan
Level 2

We have LUNs that were removed and now I can't remove the volumes or diskgroups.  I need to remove the volumes, disk groups and drives drives from Veritas Enterprise Administrator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi PapaLan,

You can use the web portal or you can call your local toll free Symantec Support number (there are different ones depending on what country you are in.)

The web portal can be found at: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=home

* On the right hand side find the "My Symantec" box and the top link in it is "Create a Support Case".

In the US, you can use 1-800-634-4747 to reach support. 

*  There are many other numbers for the US and for other countries too.  So don't be concerned if you have a different number.  They all go to the same group here in Symantec.

Thank you,

Wally

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi PapaLan,

The volumes may have logs associtated with them which might be why you cannot delete them.  Try right clicking on the volumes and go the Logs section of the popup menu.  If it has a remove log option try it then try deleting the volume and removing the disk again.

This is really only recommended if this volume and these disks are not coming back again to this server.  If the volume should be on the server please do not perform the steps to remove the logs or the volume.  But call Symantec Technical Support so that we can assist you. 

Thank you,

Wally

PapaLan
Level 2

There are only 3 choices with the right click, properties, disk view and change volume internal name.  These volumes show up on every server in the cluster but the disks say missing or is not active on any of the servers.  If I can remove everything associated with the disks that would be great.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi PapaLan,

Can you open a support case?  Our Support Engineers can do a webex to see what is going on and help you remove these items.  We are available 24 hours a day.

Thank you,

Wally

PapaLan
Level 2
I inherited this system and can't find any documentation. How do I open a support call?

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi PapaLan,

You can use the web portal or you can call your local toll free Symantec Support number (there are different ones depending on what country you are in.)

The web portal can be found at: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=home

* On the right hand side find the "My Symantec" box and the top link in it is "Create a Support Case".

In the US, you can use 1-800-634-4747 to reach support. 

*  There are many other numbers for the US and for other countries too.  So don't be concerned if you have a different number.  They all go to the same group here in Symantec.

Thank you,

Wally