cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced heartBeat NIC need any configuration changes ?

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

SFHA = 5.0 with RP2

OS = win2003R2

My heartbeat NIC is out of order and i want to change the NIC. Do i need any configuration changes in VCS after changing the NIC of heartbeat ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can use the 'vcw' wizard to reconfig heartbeats.

Extract from VCS Admin Guide:

p. 430: About modifying the cluster configuration

This chapter describes how to modify and delete a cluster configuration using the VCS Configuration wizard. The chapter also describes how to enable and disable Veritas Security Services in clusters configured to run in secure mode.
Use the VCS Configuration Wizard (VCW) to modify and delete a cluster configuration. When used to modify a cluster configuration, the wizard
performs the following tasks:
■Adds nodes to a cluster
■Remove nodes from a cluster
Reconfigures the private network and LLT
■Reconfigures Veritas Security Services
■Configures the ClusterService service group in the cluster
When used to delete a cluster configuration, the wizard removes the cluster components from the nodes; the wizard does not uninstall VCS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Is it an external card or onboard NIC card ? If its an onboard card, then you might be going for entire board replacement, need to take care of licenses in that case (if license is node bound)

If you have specifically defined MAC address in the configuration then you might consider to change the MAC...

Gaurav

Zahid_Haseeb

Thanks for your kind reply. 

I dont have any problem regarding licensing.

If you have specifically defined MAC address in the configuration then you might consider to change the MAC...

I did not define MAC any where specifically. I just ask is there any place where we have to set the configuration changes after changing the NIC ?

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

As per Technote below... LLTTAB has mac address, see below TN to make sure..

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/269262.htm

MAC address are usually set in LLTTAB file only ... if you haven't set any... then restarting LLT should help in LLT understanding new MAC & new card..

Gaurav

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can use the 'vcw' wizard to reconfig heartbeats.

Extract from VCS Admin Guide:

p. 430: About modifying the cluster configuration

This chapter describes how to modify and delete a cluster configuration using the VCS Configuration wizard. The chapter also describes how to enable and disable Veritas Security Services in clusters configured to run in secure mode.
Use the VCS Configuration Wizard (VCW) to modify and delete a cluster configuration. When used to modify a cluster configuration, the wizard
performs the following tasks:
■Adds nodes to a cluster
■Remove nodes from a cluster
Reconfigures the private network and LLT
■Reconfigures Veritas Security Services
■Configures the ClusterService service group in the cluster
When used to delete a cluster configuration, the wizard removes the cluster components from the nodes; the wizard does not uninstall VCS.

Zahid_Haseeb

Hmmmm i thought i have to do this but i think there might not something occured bad 

Ted_Summers
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

This document may be of use to you...

http://support.veritas.com/docs/347684

Regards,

Ted