Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Agent/monitoring question

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Hello,

All the resouces are monitored by agent right? How do I find out that agents a monitoring each resource?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

All enabled resources are monitored by their agent type.  If any resources are not been monitored because they are disabled or monitor has failed, then output of "hastatus -sum" will show this.

Mike

View solution in original post

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

once you configure your cluster & make it working, whatever types of resources you have used in main.cf,  VCS will start those agents to monitor the resources ..

You can check the process tree to see what agents are running

# ps- ef |grep -i agent   (notice the HA agents running)

Also note, for one type of resource, there would be only 1 agent ... for e.g, if you configure 10 diskgroups in a cluster, there will be only 1 agent to monitor all the 10 diskgroups.

If a resource successfully got online & probed, that itself is an indicator that resource is successfully monitored.

G

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

All enabled resources are monitored by their agent type.  If any resources are not been monitored because they are disabled or monitor has failed, then output of "hastatus -sum" will show this.

Mike

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

once you configure your cluster & make it working, whatever types of resources you have used in main.cf,  VCS will start those agents to monitor the resources ..

You can check the process tree to see what agents are running

# ps- ef |grep -i agent   (notice the HA agents running)

Also note, for one type of resource, there would be only 1 agent ... for e.g, if you configure 10 diskgroups in a cluster, there will be only 1 agent to monitor all the 10 diskgroups.

If a resource successfully got online & probed, that itself is an indicator that resource is successfully monitored.

G

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

.Thank you Both of you. You guys are awesome helpers.

Thank you