cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources offline again and again

singhgary
Level 3

Hi Team,

Yesterday, I had an issue as resouces are coming to offline state again and again after manually making it online.I didn't have an output now, however just want to know the reason behind it and what could be its resolution.

VCS 6.0

Help would be appreciated..Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You will need to look at logs in /var/VRTSvcs/log - try engine log first, and if can't find anything there then look at agent log for agent type of the resource that faulted.  If the resource is an application, then try looking at application logs too.

If having difficulties finding information, the post extract from engine log at the time of the issue.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You will need to look at logs in /var/VRTSvcs/log - try engine log first, and if can't find anything there then look at agent log for agent type of the resource that faulted.  If the resource is an application, then try looking at application logs too.

If having difficulties finding information, the post extract from engine log at the time of the issue.

Mike

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per Mike's excellent post, you should be able to find the reason for resource going offline in engine_A.log. 

The resolution depends on the reason. 

For example, this type of entry in engine log:

Agent is calling clean for resource(xxxxxx) because the resource became OFFLINE unexpectedly, on its own.

Means that the monitor cycle of the resource found the resource to be offline.
Here the reason is probably that an application admin has shutdown or killed the application/process manually.
The resolution for this would be to educate admins to use cluster commands to offline applications.

The above is just and example.
If you post extracts from engine log here, we may be able to assist you.

PS: 
I have moved this post to the Cluster forum.
See: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/community-product-map