cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFHA 6.1 / MirrorView Agent supported over Windows 2012 R2?

Stephane_COLIN
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

I see on SORT that the MirrorView agent is supported on Windows 2102 with SFHA 6.1 or 6.0.2, but i don't see an official support with Windows 2012R2.

I installed a NetBackup cluster (7604) with SFHA 6.1 on Windows 2012R2 and the MirrorView agent does not retrieve the good status of my MV Group.

If i copy/paste the same command on cmd, all is OK.

VCS Logs:

2015/05/18 13:51:44 VCS WARNING V-16-20048-52 (POLO01) MirrorView:SG-NBU-POLOPOLO-MirrorView:online:Cmd being fired is: D:\EMC\NaviCLI\naviseccli.exe -h ww.xx.yy.zz.  -secfilepath "D:\cluster"  mirror -sync -listgroups -name MVGRP_POLOPOLO -role -state -condition 2>&1
2015/05/18 13:51:45 VCS ERROR V-16-20048-1113 (POLO01) MirrorView:SG-NBU-POLOPOLO-MirrorView:online:#failover_required# devices are in an invalid mix of states; administrative intervention required

CMD result:

D:\EMC\NaviCLI>D:\EMC\NaviCLI\naviseccli.exe -h ww.xx.yy.zz.  -secfilepath "D:\cluster"  mirror -sync -listgroups -name MVGRP_POLOPOLO -role -state -condition
Group Name:  MVGRP_POLOPOLO
Role:  Primary
State:  Consistent
Condition:  Active

I found another post for Windows 2012, and I applied the same solution (VNX login/password configuration with VCS agent action), same problem.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/mirror-view-agent-supported-over-windows-2012

Any idea ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stephane_COLIN
Level 4

The problem was the NAVISECCLI user type used by the VCS MirrorView agent.

The action script "AddArrayUser" (Perl script installed with VCS MirrorView Agent) work only with a Global User (naviseccli option "-scope 0") and not with a local user (naviseccli option "-scope 1"). The parameters "-Scope 0" is hard coded.

If you want to used a local user (if the user type cannot be modified), the AddArrayUser.pl must be modified with a "-Scope 1" and reexecute with your usernam/pass/....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Stephane,

The version of the OS should be a concern with this agent.  The version of NaviCLI and FLARE code on the arrays might.  But the MirrorView agent guide defers versions of these to EMC.  So I doubt that a specific version of either of these 2 items is a must have for this agent.

The error that you are receiving states that replication is not a valid mix of replication states between the 2 arrays.  This would prevent the MirrorView agent from being able to control replication as it would not know what to do to resolve the invalid mix of states.

Have you run that command for both local and remote arrays?

As always, Symantec Techncial Support is available to assist you with this issue.  If you need faster response to your issue please open a case with Support.

Thank you,

Wally

Stephane_COLIN
Level 4

The problem was the NAVISECCLI user type used by the VCS MirrorView agent.

The action script "AddArrayUser" (Perl script installed with VCS MirrorView Agent) work only with a Global User (naviseccli option "-scope 0") and not with a local user (naviseccli option "-scope 1"). The parameters "-Scope 0" is hard coded.

If you want to used a local user (if the user type cannot be modified), the AddArrayUser.pl must be modified with a "-Scope 1" and reexecute with your usernam/pass/....