cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFHA Enterprise for Oracle 5.0.1 for HP-UX 11.31

Dr__Zoidberg
Level 2

I am trying to deploy SFHA Enterprise for Oracle on a new blade cluster running HP-UX 11.31, however I can't find the correct way to deploy, since the media downloaded from Symantec doesn't contain this package, it contain VCS byt itself and several SF options, so I am going nuts trying to deploy correctly, and Symantec support has been extremely poor, since their answer is to "Please read the docs", to which I answer that I already did, and I still can't figure out what is the correct way to deploy this product.

I need to deploy as per Symantec guidelines in order to avoid any problems, or mis-configurations, however Symantec support left me to dry in the cold.

So, I am hoping that someone around here has been able to deploy correctly this product and version under HP-UX 11.31 ???

If so, please share your knowledge with your brethren.

7 REPLIES 7

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Well lets start with what you download and where you got it. You should have downloaded the media from either file connect (http://fileconnect.symantec.com) or https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=24928 (click download and then agree, and there are 2 downloads for HPUX 11V3)

• Storage Foundation and HA Solutions HP-UX 11iV3, 5.0, Part 1 of 2 750 MB
  • Storage Foundation and HA Solutions HP-UX 11iV3, 5.0, Part 2 of 2 471 MB

And the patches are here ftp://ftp.veritas.com/pub/support/patchcentral/HP-UX/5.0_11.31/sfha/sfha-hpux1131-5.0MP1-patches.tar.gz

If that is NOT what you downloaded, go get it, if it is, please elaborate on what issues you're facing.

Dr__Zoidberg
Level 2

Riaan.

Thanks for taking time to reply to my current cry for help, however what you recommend is not the version that I have.

I downloaded direct from fileconnect, and the file that I got is:

VRTS_SF_HA_Solutions_5.0.1_HP-UX_11iv3.tar

Now, if someone with real experience deploying this software is around, please share the knowledge.

Thanks, my fellow brethren.

RiaanBadenhorst

Sorry, I couldn't check File Connect as I dont have a serial for HPUX. Back to my previous questions, what is going wrong?

Please show us, the installer script is prett self explanitory so you'll have to post your issue.

SFHA is made up of bunch of packages of which VCS is one. Also, there are no packages that would be labeled SFHA. You'll see vxvm, vxfs, vxfen, vxob, gab, llt, etc etc.

Dr__Zoidberg
Level 2

Riaan.

Thanks again for trying to help, but I was looking for someone with actual deployment experience for this version I am trying to deploy.

However it seems, that I am on my own on this one.

If by any chance anyone else has deploy this same version, please share your knowldege/experience.

Thanks my fellow brethren.

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

I've been working with SFHA on Linux, Solaris, Windows, HPUX for a years, so if you maybe just share your issue, we can get it fixed.

"since the media downloaded from Symantec doesn't contain this package" what package are you referring to??

Up to you mate.....

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have not installed SFORA on the O/S you are installing on, but I can tell you that:

1. From 5.0MP3 on other platforms, SFORA became free and you could download a patch that effectively meant you didn't need SFORA licence, but still need to download SFORA to get VRTSodm packages
  2. From 5.1 on other platforms, SFORA no longer exists and VRTSodm is bundled with SF
  3. Versions of SF on HP-ux v3 are a pain as the versions don't match that of all other products (don't even match HP-ux v2).  I think this is something to do with HP restricting the release date as a new release of SF has to coincide with release of O/S as they bundle SF with O/S.  I think initially as there was no 5.0MP3 for HP-ux v3 when MP3 came out for other platforms, you had to pay for SFORA for HP-ux V3, but this was over 18 months a go, so now it could be that 5.01 is equivalent to 5.0MP3 or 5.1.  I could never find a matrix to compare versions, but perhaps someone else knows where this is.

Mike

Dr__Zoidberg
Level 2

Mike.

Welcome to the thread !!! And I think you understand my pains as well. 8-)

However over the past 48 hrs. I've been able to progress much further, and evethu there is no SFHA option in the installer, once you select SF for Oracle, and then type the correct license, this then installs the VCS part of the SF-HA.

Now I am trying to deploy all the correct patches.

How I wish we could have deploy this in a SUN or RHEL environment, because HP-UX is not the best selection here, but I am stuck with this project and I can only go forward with the deployment, I just hope that when I move into production, I will not be missing any steps, or a specific setting, because otherwise a call to Veritas support at 2am for assistance will translate to: Please read the docs.  HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Ok, back to the lab for me.

Will update this thread with my experience for any of my fellow brethren to take advantage.

OO and if anyone else has any recomendations or things to look for with this version (SFHAORA 5.0.1 for HP-UX 11.31) by all means share the knowledge.