cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL server issue

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

We have configued the SQL reservice and trying to bring up SQL server, but we are getitng the following error message, but REG resource is online.

Would this cause SQL to not to come up?

LibLogger.cpp:VLibThreadLogQueue::Dump[156]
1514/09/15 12:44:08 VCS DBG_21 V-16-50-0 SQLServer1508:SQLServer1508_VM_SQLSERVER:online:(2) CRegKey::Open failed for Software\Veritas\VCS\EnterpriseAgents\SQLServer1508\SQLServer1508_VM_SQLSERVER.
    LibVcsHive.cpp:VLibVcsHive::_GetDWORDValue[435]
1514/09/15 12:44:08 VCS DBG_21 V-16-50-0 SQLServer1508:SQLServer1508_VM_SQLSERVER:online:(2) CRegKey::Open failed for Software\Veritas\VCS\EnterpriseAgents\SQLServer1508\__Global__.
    LibVcsHive.cpp:VLibVcsHive::_GetDWORDValue[435]
1514/09/15 12:44:08 VCS DBG_21 V-16-50-0 SQLServer1508:SQLServer1508_VM_SQLSERVER:online:(2) _GetDWORDValue failed. Subkey = Software\Veritas\VCS\EnterpriseAgents\SQLServer1508\__Global__, Name = IgnoreMSDTCSecurity
    LibVcsHive.cpp:VLibVcsHive::GetValue[401]
1514/09/15 12:44:08 VCS DBG_21 V-16-50-0 SQLServer1508:SQLServer1508_VM_SQLSERVER:online:*** End of debug information dump for troubleshooting ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Mokkan,

SQL should be able to start outside of VCS control as long as the disks are online and the volumes mounted.  If SQL will not start outside of VCS then VCS will not able to start it.

You may want to open a support case with us.  However, you might need to get Microsoft involved to.

Thank you,

Wally Heim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please show us the SQL SG in main.cf.

If SQL resource is dependend on RegRep resource, then SQL will only come online once RegRep is up.

Have you confirmed that SQL services are getting started as SQL user? 
Does this user have local admin rights on all nodes?

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Thank  you very much for your answer.   Yes,  SQL service is depending on RegRep and it was showing as running, but SQL Server resource didn't come up, but when I start SQL server manually it didn't come up either.

Here is the OS related error which came on event viewer.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Mokkan,

The registry keys in the error messages are attribute override registry keys.  They are rarely on a system and can be ignored without issues.  The messages are being reported just to say that there were no override values found in the registry so the agent is going with either default values or with values in the main.cf/types.cf files.

Are you having some problems with this setup?  If so, can you share what problems you are seeing?

Thank you,

Wally Heim

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

The problem is that SQL server is not coming up and I put the windows event viewwer message Did you check that?

I saw this error in VCS sql log file and i want to make sure it is not causing sql to no to come up.

I believe this problem with SQL.  Am I right?

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Mokkan,

SQL should be able to start outside of VCS control as long as the disks are online and the volumes mounted.  If SQL will not start outside of VCS then VCS will not able to start it.

You may want to open a support case with us.  However, you might need to get Microsoft involved to.

Thank you,

Wally Heim

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Thank you Wally.