cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Veritas Cluster different versions of linux

ediaz
Level 3

Hi, I know yet that you can't run different versions of veritas cluster.

But, I you have different versions of the operative system?, for example Linux - Linux or Linux and windows..

RedHat 5.9 to Redhat 6.2 (same version of vertias cluster) can I run a two node cluster?

RedHat 6.2 and SUSE 11 (same version of vertias cluster) can I run a two node cluster?

Redhat 6.2 and Windows (same version of vertias cluster) can I run a two node cluster?

I am sure that it is impossible get support of this, only for migration proposes.

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Supported OS versions can be found in Release Notes (https://sort.symantec.com/documents/doc_details/vcs/6.0/Linux/ProductGuides/ )

Extract

VCS system requirements

VCS requires that all nodes in the cluster use the same processor architecture and
run the same operating system version. However, the nodes can have different
update levels for a specific RHEL or OEL version, or different service pack levels
for a specific SLES version.

So, it is a big NO to all your questions....

If you want to migrate to another OS, you can possibly use main.cf from source system as template for new cluster on new OS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Supported OS versions can be found in Release Notes (https://sort.symantec.com/documents/doc_details/vcs/6.0/Linux/ProductGuides/ )

Extract

VCS system requirements

VCS requires that all nodes in the cluster use the same processor architecture and
run the same operating system version. However, the nodes can have different
update levels for a specific RHEL or OEL version, or different service pack levels
for a specific SLES version.

So, it is a big NO to all your questions....

If you want to migrate to another OS, you can possibly use main.cf from source system as template for new cluster on new OS.

Prasanna_Kulkar
Level 3
Employee

Marianne has rightly pointed the extract from VCS release notes. The mixed OS cluster (even for the same version of VCS) is not supported.

stinsong
Level 5

Or we could say the mixed OS version is only working for upgrade phase.