cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some easy questions... i would figure... help needed

dilligaf
Level 3

I get this error/warning when i try to place a dependency on a service group which already has a child:

"VCS WARNING V-16-1-10904 Unable to create dependency between 'FW_SnmpAgent' and 'FW_EventService'. Group 'FW_SnmpAgent' already has a child"

How do i get around this - my model is very very simple, i assume the world's best and most popular clustering app can do this simple dependency mapping??? (BTW: Searching the net and this site has yielded nothing in so far as an answer or even post where it's been asked before)

How to get the version of VCS that's running?

Also in the Cluster Management Console - is the engine version the same thing as the veritas version?

Thanks in advance!

D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

engine version would show you the major version .. to exact version, you can use

# pkginfo -l VRTSvcs  | grep -i pstamp  (solaris)

# rpm -qa | grep -i VRTSvcs  (linux)

Regarding dependency, you can make group dependency of 5 levels deep however a parent group may depend on only one child group ..

make sure you are not hitting one of dependency limitation mentioned (for solaris 5.1SP1) :

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/5.1sp1/solaris/productguides/html/vcs_admin/ch12s01s02.htm

Hope this helps, you can check similar guide for other OS or version if you have ..

Gaurav

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

engine version would show you the major version .. to exact version, you can use

# pkginfo -l VRTSvcs  | grep -i pstamp  (solaris)

# rpm -qa | grep -i VRTSvcs  (linux)

Regarding dependency, you can make group dependency of 5 levels deep however a parent group may depend on only one child group ..

make sure you are not hitting one of dependency limitation mentioned (for solaris 5.1SP1) :

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/5.1sp1/solaris/productguides/html/vcs_admin/ch12s01s02.htm

Hope this helps, you can check similar guide for other OS or version if you have ..

Gaurav

dilligaf
Level 3

wow thanks for the quick and perfect answers - solution marked! Thanks again

D

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can create a RemoteGroup resource to get round dependency limitations, but this only helps with onling a service group, not offlining, so is better suited for soft dependencies.

You can find out verison by:

hasys -display |grep -i version

or

/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/had -version

or by looking at package version, as Gaurav says.  I think that all will show the same.

Mike

dilligaf
Level 3

cool thanks!