Standard application resource script

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ENVIRONMENT

Product = VCS 7.x

HA nodes = 2

OS = Linux redhat

QUERY

Dear members, I want a standard script for application resource where I only required to place a start, stop procedure for application. Response will be appriciated

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Zahid_Haseeb 

Have you tried to look in the Bundled Agent Guide?
https://www.veritas.com/bin/support/docRepoServlet?bookId=129694359-129694362-1&requestType=pdf

Have a look at 'Application Agent' - you simply specify different executables for the online, offline, and monitor routines for different programs.

Zahid_Haseeb

what you mentioned, I already did and resource goes online/offline. However I see a red exclamation mark for few seconds which disappears. I assume that there should be a sample script according to the standard, like return exit code 0 or 1.  

frankgfan
   VIP   

the "standard" application agent online/offline scripts are in /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/Application

to configure an Application type resource, follow the sample configuration in VCS Bundled agent guide

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per @frankgfan, please look at the samples in the manual.

Test what you have added in the attributes for online, monitor and offline outside of VCS.
Important to verify what/how to monitor.
How would YOU (outside of VCS) check that the application is online?
Does this match what you have configured?

Zahid_Haseeb

Dear Frankgfan

/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/Application  > its binary

I think I am not able to convey my point. Let me describe again. Suppose I have a third party application who can be configured as a resource thru application agent because there is no predefined bundle agent available like Oracle or MS SQL etc... But to configure my thrid party app as HA resource, I need to make a script which(script) should have two things inside it,, first is start argument, second is stop argument  for application inside the script and the third important thing is application monitoring for my app, which I can monitor thru Monitor Process attribute under application resource agent.

So my need is a sample script for third party application to the app can configure as HA resource where in sample script I can add the start argument and stop argument    

frankgfan
   VIP   

The info you asked for (sample online, offline and monitor scripts etc)  can be found in VCS Agent Developer's Guide in the section titled "Example: Using script entry points on UNIX".