Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to bring Enterprise Vault services online

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have created N+1 VCS cluster for Enterprise Vault 9.0 There is VCS 5.1SP2 installed and configured on both systems.

Service group is created and generic services are linked to the respective resources.

Apart from generic EV services, all other resources are coming online.

While bringing EV services online, it is giving an error Resource is not probed.

I have manually probed the resources but same issue again.

Note : There is no storage foundation implemented.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Check the log for the service agent in the logs folder. You'll probably find that there is an attribute that isn't correctly defined.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Check the log for the service agent in the logs folder. You'll probably find that there is an attribute that isn't correctly defined.

lee_foster2
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Did you run the EV VCS Wizard (2nd phase) on the second node and configure as a failover node? Also does the status for the generic servicecs on the second node show unknown? 

The wizard should define all attributes for you, howver the EV Services can take some time to start, so i would suggest increasing the "Online wait limit" 

Regards 

Lee 

ktandel
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

If you manually created EV resource in VCS. Then check the all resources naming convention then try to take this resources online. Probe check wheather same process is already running in vcs. so first check resource name then probe the same.