cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Remote Switch Option for Global Cluster service group in Parallel Service Group config

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ENVIRONMENT

Primary site = two nodes

DR site = one node

Product = Infoscale High Availability 7.4

Cluster configuration = Global cluster option is configured, Primary site HA resource is configured with parallel service group, Failover Policy is AUTO configured for GLOBAL Service Group between both clusters. 

ISSUE

When I configure the Failover Service group then I am able to see the Switch to Remote Cluster option. However if I configure the Parallel Service group then I am not able to see the Switch to Remote Cluster option under JAVA Console.

Please note, when I kill the resource process outside of cluster on both nodes at Primary site then my resource failover to DR node successfully and when I want to come back to Primary site (when the Primary site become ONLINE/FIXED) I had to kill the process of resource so it failover to Primary site as I am not able to see the remote switch option

QUERY

1- is it a default behaviour of VCS that I cant see the remote switch option when parallel service group is configured ?

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Zahid

I think the problem is that the group type is not the same between sites. You might be able to control the failover better if you add it to a vbs in viom.

Zahid_Haseeb

Thanks Riaan for your words. At both sites the service group type is same. I never use vbs , although I can try with vbs too but the current setup should be working as it should be

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Zahid

You said one is parralel and the other is failover? Then it's not the same.

frankgfan
   VIP   

In order to switch the service group you need to clear any failed|faultes resources|states on the target system that you intend to switch the service group to.

Just right click on the item m,arked as faulted and go for clear.  Once you clear the faults, try to switch again.

Also there is an Attribute called ClutserList on service group.

Or else instaed of using GUI to switch. prior cleaning up the faults just run the command below

hagrp -switch group -any -clus cluster

where cluster is the name of the remote cluster, t o get a bit more info on the SG switch issue

If there are faults on the target cluster,  a "meaningful" error will be displayed.  You can then act accoringly (clear up the faults then swtch).

Please also check to make sure that a service group level attribute call ClusterList is set correctly.

The global service group attribute ClusterList defines the list of
clusters to which the group can fail over. The service group must be configured on
all participating clusters and must have the same name on each cluster. The Global
Group Configuration Wizard provides an easy interface to configure global groups

Zahid_Haseeb

Talked with support,

Switch option will be available for failover/hybrid SG's and not parallel SG's.