cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-16-20062-55 SVCCopyServices:online:Failed to get the cluster id

robhull
Level 2

I am getting the following error when trying to online the SVCCopyService on windows, this comes up immediately there is no delay in receiving the message in the Status window.

V-16-20062-55
        (SERVERNAME) SVCCopyServices:RES-SVCCopyServices:online:Failed to get the cluster id    

We have exactly the same resource configuration on our UNIX system and this connects without any issues.

We have also been able to run the plink command in an elevated command prompt window and this can connect to the SAN and run queries so I am a bit stumped. I have attached screenshots of the testing and error logs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:

OS - Windows 2012 R2 Standard

VCS - 6.1

SAN - IBM V840

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

robhull
Level 2

Okay finally have a resolution.

Thanks for all your help but it appears the latest version of plink does not work. I used version 0.58 and this seems to support the SVCCopyService.

The documentation I was following was for an older version of Veritas clustering so assumed the latest version of plink would work...clearly not.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Kapalin
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello, Could you please provide the below command output. From command prompt run lltstat -c | findstr cluster Thanks.

robhull
Level 2

Sure,

lltstat -c | findstr cluster
    cluster: 7

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You'll get more information from the SVC agent log. I'm not familiar with SVC but I've been stuck with SRDF and Recover Point many times. The log will show you the command it trying to execute and you can then execute the same from via plink and see what it says.

From your plink outoput I can already see that it mentions cluster IDs so I'm sure its referring to SVC cluster and not VCS.

In some cases the command issued might also pop up in the engine_A.log. So check both.

robhull
Level 2

Nothing in both logs indicating the command being used.

RiaanBadenhorst

Try increase the logging for the agent. Its a confusing process......

robhull
Level 2

Okay finally have a resolution.

Thanks for all your help but it appears the latest version of plink does not work. I used version 0.58 and this seems to support the SVCCopyService.

The documentation I was following was for an older version of Veritas clustering so assumed the latest version of plink would work...clearly not.

RiaanBadenhorst

.58 is the only supported version for all VCS agents involving ssh :)