cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS 5.0 HADR Configuration DB2 Help!!!

adubeau
Not applicable
Hi -

I am in the process of figuring out how I need to setup  HADR agent with DB2 on a two nod cluster... Could someone provide me details as to how they did it? or a sample main.cf file  to follow?

The DB storage is local to each node and not shared.. Does it need to be Contained in shared storage?

Symantec Documentation on this subject leaves something to be desired and the HADR agent configuration document  is not good if helpful at all in explaining how the enviroment needs to be configured...

This will be configured in conjunction with SAP...

Any guidance or help would be appreciated....

1 REPLY 1

Eric_Hennessey1
Level 5
Employee Certified
When clustering an application for high availability, the preferred configuration is to store the application data on shared storage accessible to all nodes in the cluster. However, VCS also supports the replicated data cluster (RDC) approach, in which the application data is synchronously replicated between nodes. While such configurations tend to be more complex and contain more "moving parts" than the shared storage configuration, they're still supported.

What type of replication are you using? How are you ensuring data consistency between nodes?