cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS API

Ranjit_Gopal
Not applicable

Hi,

I have found some questions asked by some people last year about VCS API and also the replies saying that these APIs are not supported as of then but it might be released in future. Have they been released in any of the versions yet?

My requirement is that I need to integrate VCS with another application running on Windows 2003. As part of this, the application needs to understand the VCS configuration, physical components, do some monitoring of VCS agents, capture specifc events generated by VCS components etc etc, just to name a few functional requirements.

I am aware that there are commands that help to achieve some of the functionality. But what I actually need is a set of APIs (exposed as managed/unmanaged interfaces) that can be programmatically used in order to achieve the above requirements.

Are there any such API released by Symantec for Veritas Cluster Server? If so, I did be glad to know, and also if there is any prospect of the relase in future product releases.

If there are no APIs, could anyone suggest as to which approach is best in tackling these requirements?

Note: I am a newbie to VCS as well as cluster.

Thanks in advance!

Ranjit

1 REPLY 1

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Ranjit,

I know of no APIs, however, as mentioned there are plenty of ways to interface and get such information from VCS, including a wealth of command line output (the product has some roots on the UNIX side), and consistent logging and service group and resources state information for capturing the monitoring.