cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS: Add a node to cluster using command line

Mooninite
Level 3
Hi! I can't seem to find to a manuel on how to add a new node to cluster using command line utilities. The situation is as follows: I need to reinstall the OS on one of the nodes. I have successfully removed the node from cluster (now it's running only on one node). Reinstalled the OS. Installed the SFW HA. I've edited the llt and gab config files, but when I try to run "lltconfig -c" I get the following message: "LLT C:\Program Files\Veritas\comms\llt\lltconfig.exe ERROR V-14-2-15000 open \\.\llt failed: The system cannot find the file specified." Could you please advise me on how to proceed? Or maybe provide with a link to an article discribing the process. Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

After you have install SFWHA, the services are disabled, so you would normally use VCSW to add node to cluster which enables services.  So if you want to configure llt manually, you will need to enable services, by editing registry - see https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH33036 for more details, but as this technote says:

This procedure should only done by those with extensive knowledge of Storage Foundation HA for Windows

Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Why not use the VCSW wizard? This is the easiest way with VCS on Windows.

starflyfly
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

in  linux/unix platform,

To add the node to an existing VCS cluster using the VCS installer
1 Log in as the root user on one of the nodes of the existing cluster.
2 Run the VCS installer with the -addnode option.
# cd /opt/VRTS/install
# ./installvcs<version> -addnode

Not sure in windows platform, if there is same option.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The query in opening post is for Windows.

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

After you have install SFWHA, the services are disabled, so you would normally use VCSW to add node to cluster which enables services.  So if you want to configure llt manually, you will need to enable services, by editing registry - see https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH33036 for more details, but as this technote says:

This procedure should only done by those with extensive knowledge of Storage Foundation HA for Windows

Mike