Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS agent start

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Hi,

If  VCS agent is down, do we need to freeze the SG before start the agent?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Not necessarily, ideally VCS restarts agents in case it detects any failure. One can manually start an Agent using haagent command.

Additionaly, you may wish to check if the problem was with one Agent or multiple Agents and the performance of the system in the first place, interprocess communication between _HAD and Agents gets affected if the system is experiencing performance crunch.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Not necessarily, ideally VCS restarts agents in case it detects any failure. One can manually start an Agent using haagent command.

Additionaly, you may wish to check if the problem was with one Agent or multiple Agents and the performance of the system in the first place, interprocess communication between _HAD and Agents gets affected if the system is experiencing performance crunch.

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Thank  you.  If Resource is up and running and if we  restart agent, would resource go down?

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

There is no "restart" option with haagent command. How does you current VCS status look like? Does it reports that resource in question with failed agent is still online? Does OS reports that underlying resource is up and running? I am wondering why VCS did not restart the agent all by itself.

Can you give us the below output:

# hastatus -sum

# ps -ef | grep -i <agent in question>

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Yes, there is no restart commmand , only stop and start.  If we stop and start wouldn't touch the resources right?

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

To answer that I would require aforementioned details that would reflect the current state of the cluster.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why are you asking these questions?

Are you experiencing issues? 
If so, please share details of the issue.