Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS failover service group

phaul
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

I have some inquiry regarding VCS failover service group.

This example is for 3 node cluster:

There are two service groups in <clustername> cluster, app1_SG running on node_1 and app2_SG running on node_2. In any failure, these two service groups will be switching to node_3. However, both service groups could not be running on the same node, i.e. while app1_SG switched to node_3, then app2_SG could not switch to node_3 and vice versa.

Is there a configuration on how to configure this setup?

Any comments will appreciate.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This is ideal for System Limits and Service group Prerequisites - see https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/service-group-dependency#comment-7958521

offline local group dependency is probably suitable and this would requires you give one service group a preference and that group would offline the other if it were on node3.

Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sajith_cr
Level 4
Employee

See offline local group dependency in Service group dependency configurations section in VCS admin guide.

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This is ideal for System Limits and Service group Prerequisites - see https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/service-group-dependency#comment-7958521

offline local group dependency is probably suitable and this would requires you give one service group a preference and that group would offline the other if it were on node3.

Mike

arangari
Level 5

Agree with Mike. 

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Just to show a difference, in Windows we would use workload managment by setting system "Limits" and service group "Prerequisites".  We've used the exclusivily for Active/Actice Exhange clusters were it is impossible to run 2 virtual Exchange servers on the same physical node without causing data corruption.

I'm sure the same approach will work for other platforms as well.

-Wally