Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS installation and licensing

Melanie_2
Level 3
Hello
I want to test Veritas Cluster server.
Can this be done on 2 virtual servers? or should I have literally 2 physical servers with 3 NICs each, two crossover cable anda shared storage?
Also, after enabling ssh on both virtual servers, the Install keeps displaying these messages: 
"is not a valid license key
VCS is not licensed on zeus"

If I choose to License a Product 

I get this instead:

CPI ERROR V-9-1-1062 Cannot determine file location of VRTSllt on SunOS.
Please confirm that the VRTSllt package is present in the pkgs/ or rpms/
dir. If it is not present, please bring this to the attention of the owner
of the missing package.
installer log files are saved at /opt/VRTS/install/logs/installer-a764OY

thanks for your assistance.
7 REPLIES 7

springer
Level 4
VRTSllt on SunOS

what OS exactle u running ..uname -a

check if VRTSllt is there and do pkgchk and verify... also vrtsvlic..

maybe u have wrong version media for wrong os

but also when u did install did installlog show errors

Melanie_2
Level 3
thanks first for your reply.

I am using Solaris 10 x86 and I downloaded the right software:

sxrt5.0x64_x86_5.0x64a.dvd2.tar.gz
sxrt5.0x64_x86_5.0x64.dvd2.tar.gz
sxrt5.0x64_x86_5.0x64.dvd1.tar.gz

VRTSllt and VRTSvlic do exist under cluster_server/pkgs/info

As for installlog, I did not see that file. I guess you are referring to the log that the installation script created under  /opt/VRTS/install/logs/installer-a764OY

In that case:

13:06:27 exec /usr/bin/grep '^VERSION=' ./storage_foundation_basic/pkgs/info/SYMClma 2>&1
13:06:27 VERSION=4.2.16.2
13:06:27 exit=0
13:06:27  CPI ERROR V-9-1-1062 Cannot determine file location of VRTSllt on SunOS.
Please confirm that the VRTSllt package is present in the pkgs/ or rpms/ dir. If it is not present, please bring this to the attention of the owner of the missing package.
Could it be that the installer is searching in the wrong directory storage_foundation_basic/pkgs while the package is under cluster_server/pkgs?

thanks.

springer
Level 4
Hi,

Can you cd into rpms dir and do a ls -lsa on vrtsllt  ... also are u accesssing image from a share

can u set umask 022 if not make sure the dir u expanded image 2  has full permissions and did u in same dir put any mainteance pathes oe sub dirs with more pathes ...should be just 1 image itslef

springer
Level 4
Hi,

Can you cd into rpms dir and do a ls -lsa on vrtsllt  ... also are u accesssing image from a share

can u set umask 022 if not make sure the dir u expanded image 2  has full permissions and did u in same dir put any mainteance pathes oe sub dirs with more pathes ...should be just 1 image itslef

Melanie_2
Level 3
Hello,

I followed your recommendation: chmod -R 777 <binaries>

The installation no more complains about missing packages. But it still complains about license:

10:28:17 exit=0
10:28:17  VCS is not licensed on zeus
10:28:17 exec /sbin/vxlicrep -k  | /usr/bin/grep Product.Name | /usr/bin/grep -v ERROR.V 2>&1
10:28:17  CPI WARNING V-9-1-1085 Interrupt Received--installer terminated

Any idea please?
PS: I interrupted the installed (^C) since these messages were looping:

is not a valid license key
VCS is not licensed on zeus

thanks for your support.

springer
Level 4
ok.. lets go back to basica.. i presume vxvm is working just cs is not .. maybe its a simple licence issue

vxlicrep -e | grep -i vcs

otherwise grab a demo key from support and try that aka install key and then try to start llt and gab

Melanie_2
Level 3
Do you have any idea whether VCS can be installed on virual machines?
Or should I have 2 machines connected by cross-over cable and having a shared disk?

thanks