cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS not monitoring a resource for a given time period

psud
Level 2

I have say 5 application agents configured within my Cluster (5.0MP3) that remain online all day long. Out of these 5 applications 3 are supposed to remain offline (brought offline outside VCS) between 3am-5am everyday. Is there a way I can set an attribute within VCS that will not monitor these applications between that time period so they do not fault within the Service Group?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Pavan,

With freezing the group the resources would still show as faulted in the GUI and CLI.  But the cluster would not react to them faulting.  You might need to do some cleanup of the resource states at the end of your window but I think if the services are restarted prior to unfreezing the groups that the resources will simply probe as online again. 

I would recommend creating a test service group with a similar resource and test what happens to the group and the resources as you stop and restart the service being monitored.  This would ensure that the solution meets your needs prior to the 3-5am timeframe.

Thanks,

Wally

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Pavan,

You can run an hagrp command to freeze and unfreeze the group.  The commands can be scheduled by your cluster nodes to run at those times.  The approach will prevent failover during that period if any of the resources in the service group fault.

Thanks,

Wally

psud
Level 2

Thanks Wally for your suggestion. I was thinking about setting 'FaultPropogration' so any faults within the cluster would not failover the whole Service Group which would essentially do the same as you suggested. But I am looking for a solution that would not fault the resource at all i.e ignore/not monitor its state for those 2 hrs.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Pavan,

With freezing the group the resources would still show as faulted in the GUI and CLI.  But the cluster would not react to them faulting.  You might need to do some cleanup of the resource states at the end of your window but I think if the services are restarted prior to unfreezing the groups that the resources will simply probe as online again. 

I would recommend creating a test service group with a similar resource and test what happens to the group and the resources as you stop and restart the service being monitored.  This would ensure that the solution meets your needs prior to the 3-5am timeframe.

Thanks,

Wally