cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS user

Michelle_Lai
Level 4

Hi All,

I wonder if there is a way to check if the current login user has the priviledge to query the VCS cluster, for example,to run hastatus -sum command. In other words, to check if the current login user has logged in to VCS.

My problem is, when the current user is not logged into VCS, and when he calls hastatus -sum, the system will prompt for "VCS NOTICE V-16-1-52563 VCS Login:", which is not expected. It does not matter if the user calls hastatus -sum successfully or not. The expected bahavior is not getting the prompt but exitting right away.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Roger_Zimmerman
Level 4

Hi, Michelle,

the problem with your question is, that there is nothing like "cluster login" or "login to VCS". The only way to solve this is to grep in .../conf/config/main.cf for the actual user name (in the "cluster" section for cluster user, administrator and operator and in the "group" sections for group administrator and operator). But I think this is only for scripts an progs. On the shell there is no way to suppress this command if the appropiate rights to the cluster are missing, because the command itself is going to the main.cf and looks for the user name. And prompts for the credentials. And, unfortunately Veritas forgot to implement the "silent flag" :-).

Regards 

Roger