cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS

luckybabloo
Level 0
Partner
I have configured two node exchange cluster running with Windows 2003 Server & Exchange 2003 server, one of the node failed due to motherboard problem so i have managed to run ms-exchange cluster using "gabconfig -c -x" and "hasys -force" on a single node. We have fix the server issue so how do i reconfigure the cluster , please help.
1 REPLY 1

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee
Hi luckybabloo,

I"m glad to hear your Exchange server is up and running.   

The fix really depends on what was done.  Can you go into more details on how you fixed the failed node?  Did you have to reinstall the OS on that node?

If you did not have to rebuild the OS on the node then it might be as simple as fixing some MAC addresses in the LLT and Main.cf configurations.

If you did rebuild the OS on the node then you will need to clean up the ExchConfig registry location on the good node so that it does not think that Exchange is installed on the rebuilt node.  Then it is a matter of reinstalling SFW-HA, getting this node back into the cluster and reinstalling Exchange on it (this will require downtime for Exchange.)

The process or recovering/rebuilding a failed Exchange cluster node can get very involved.  You might want to think about opening a support case so that we can assist you with your specific situation.

Thanks,
Wally