Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ENVIRONMENT

Product = InfoScale Availability

version = 7.4

HA Nodes = 2

OS = RHEL 7.4

QUERY

I am monitoring multiple processes under application resource. I noticed that when all processes started, the application resource suppose to show application resource is ONLINE on VERITAS Java Console. However it takes a 15-20 seconds delay in showing resource online

6 REPLIES 6

frankgfan
   VIP   

This is normal.  VCS by design monitors resource status change in a given time interval called MonitorInterval.  There are many parameetrs and tunables for each resource type and resources.

you can run the commands below to get a list associated with a resource

#hares -diaplay <res_name>

or

#hatype -display <agent_name>

exam[le:

hatype -display NIC

This technote contains a bit more in details about resruce monitoring https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000039371

frankgfan
   VIP   

forgot to mention in the previous reply that you can tune vcs resource or agents by running

hares -modify <res_name> <sttribute> <new_valune>

or

hatype -modify <agent_name> attribute> <new_value>

examples:

hares -modify csgnic Device ce0 -sys fan-v240

hatype -modify NotifierMngr LogLevel debug

Zahid_Haseeb

Thanks for your response. I can understand what you are saying but please understand my point of conflict.

Please note: when I add only one process(xyz.exe) in application resource under monitor process attribute and online application resource thru JavaConsole, the resource shows online in parallel when I see the process become online under OS command ps -ef |grep xyz.exe.

However, when I add multiple processes(xyz.exe, xyz1.exe, xyz2.exe, xyz3.exe) in application resource under monitor process attribute and online application resource thru JavaConsole, the resource shows delay in showing application resource online in parallel when I see all processes become online under OS command ps -ef |grep *.exe.

frankgfan
   VIP   

Do you mind posting your resource configuration (in main.cf) here?

Zahid_Haseeb

Sure. Please find the below snap of application resource properties where I mentioned all process which need to be monitored

monitor_process_.png

frankgfan
   VIP   

thanks for the info posted.

however, this is not what I asked for.

please go to /etc/VRTZSvcs/conf/config directory.  in this directory, there is a file called main.cf.

if you vi this file and search for the resource name, you should find a section starting with Application.

Example:

Application SAP_CI (
                Critical = 0
                User = prdadm
                StartProgram = "/sapmnt/PRD/home/vcs_prdadm_start_sap.sh"
                StopProgram = "/sapmnt/PRD/exe_64/stopsap r3"
                CleanProgram = "/sapmnt/PRD/home/vcs_prdadm_cleanipc.sh"
                PidFiles = { "" }   

where SAP_CI is the resource name.